Whoa baby, this heat just decided to come out of no where and say heeeeey.
And starting tomorrow I’m getting back on my cool food consumption. This fiery weather really is pushing me towards that simple, clean, light eating but of course, something that still tastes good. Okay I have other factors motivating me as well (running a 7 day cleanse and um…my wedding).
The last few months have flown right on by and our wedding is just about 3 months away at this point. My dress has finally arrived and bestabelieve I tried that thang on. It fits like a glove. But like every bride I’m sure, eating light and making sure everything stays right and tight is top priority.
That’s where this raw salad comes from.
This “pad thai” is not really a pad thai. The sauce is really the main thing that makes me think of pad thai without the added heaviness of noodles. It’s zesty, tangy and filling without leaving you bloated, uncomfortable and dissatisfied. I’m all about that satisfaction.
No reason for a salad or any dish to leave you famished.
No thanks 😉
Yogi’s Pad Thai
Total time: 10-15 minutes (including prep)
What You Need:
- 4 large zucchini, sliced thinly or cut into noodles (your choice of thickness)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 3 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon grade b maple syrup
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- Cilantro + sesame seeds for garnish
How You Make It:
- Combine veggies in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl,whisk remaining ingredients (water,garlic, sesame oil, tamari, miso, ginger+maple syrup) for the sauce.
- Combine sauce and veggies.Garnish generously with cilantro and taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
This is absolutely cleanse friendly and perfectly portable. Pop this into a sexy mason jar and bring with you wherever you go 🙂
This will also taste great over time.
Stay cool everyone!
Peace, love and NO Beef ya’ll