HAPPY DECEMBER ya’ll!
Just like that, it’s time to prepare for Christmas. It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!!! Don’t mind me, I’m on a holiday high, our apartment is almost fully decorated (just need to add snowflakes) and the Christmas music is on 24/7. Not even kidding.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Legit, it was exhausting. I really enjoy hosting, but sometimes that sh*t is tiring af. From shopping, preparing, cooking, serving, and actually hosting, it’s ALOT of work.
I must admit, however, I had quite the blast.
MY favorite part was creating the ultimate menu that was both seasonally delish and healthy. But mostly delicious 😉
With all the heaviness that is typically associated with the season, I really opt for something light, nourishing and colorful. This is where my massaged kale salad comes in handy.
Hearty winter greens are warming for the soul and loaded with flavor when paired properly. You know not just greens with lemon and salt. Give that sh*t a boost. Add some roasted sweet potato, pomegranate seeds and pepitas. Holy shiz. It’s da bomb dot com.
I’m sure it will be a favorite at your holiday table, and besides, it looks GORGEOUS as a starting course 😉 Great for BRUNCH, LUNCH and DINNER! Yaas.
Massaged Kale, Sweet Potato, Pomegranate Salad
Total time: 40 minutes (including roasting time)
What you need:
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons avocado oil/coconut oil/olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or more depending on your likes
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon hot water(to thin out dressing)
- Salt,pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 sweet potatoes,cubed
- 1 avocado,to make this even sexier
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
How you make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. Spread cubed sweet potato on top and drizzle oil of choice. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft but goldenly delish.
- While the sweet potato is roasting, prepare dressing. Mix oil, lemon juice, tahini and water. Season according to your preference.
- Now, this is where your hands get a little dirty, pour dressing over the top of the kale. Massage until dressing coats the kale while also breaking down some of the kale bitterness.
- Add your avocado, pomegranate and cooled sweet potato.
- Toss with pepitas and season with more lemon juice if you like 😉
I hope you add this to your weekly menu or holiday menu. I’m sure your guests will enjoy it.
Peace, love and no beef.