My fellow New Yorkers and myself have felt the intense sweat fest of the last few weeks which were briefly followed by a few days of Autumn teasing us (you know, with the cool breeze and low temps). But then sister Summer decided she was no where near gone and smacked us in the face with heat. If you thought you could stop eating watermelon and tropical fruits to cool you down, you were wrong.
This is why this salad is the bomb diggity.
Let me give you a few buzz words to get the taste buds ready…because I promise you…you will want this in your belly…or on top of chips before entering your belly. It’s that freakin’ good.
My might mango salad is…
tangy (love tangy)
I know you must be hungry by now. MWAHAHA!
Mighty Mango Salad
Serves 2 (or 1 hungry human)
Total time: 10 minutes (depends on how precise you feel like being)
What You Need:
- 1-3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 ear of corn (roasted on the fire if you have the patience), kernels removed from the cob
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 humongous heirloom tomato, diced
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 cup of black beans, rinsed
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped (keep the stems, don’t toss, use ’em up)
- 1-2 limes, juiced (for extra zestiness)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How You Make It:
- Combine all yummy ingredients in a big bowl.
- Season. Set aside for proper flavor mingling. Let’s say about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with chips but a smile…of course 😉
Peace, love and NO BEEF!