Wait…what in the heck is a Muesli?!
For the last few weeks, I’ve been packing my breakfasts for work (in addition to my daily green smoothie)…and besides the usual overnight oats, I decided to give Muesli a go. And besides, I have some kickass protein powders that I figured belonged in my breakfast (and no longer in my smoothie…I think I over did it for the last month, so I’m all about switching thangs up).
But wait…for realz, what is muesli?
According to our friend the Dictionary and Wikipedia, muesli is a: breakfast and brunch dish based on raw rolled oats and other ingredients including grains, fresh or dried fruits, seeds and nuts, and may be mixed with cow’s milk, soy milk, almond milk, other forms of plant milk, yogurt or fruit juice.
Now, I’m not a fan of mixing oats with juice but I’m all about the yogurt and almond milk combo. It’s really nourishing, filling and pretty friggin’ deeeeelish.
This recipe makes breakfast even more amazeballs. It keeps you satisfied because it’s jam packed with protein (that Bob’s Red Mill, really hits it on the head), a variety of textures (I’m all about the crunchy) and keeps the body cool. Sometimes hot oatmeal is not sexy on a muggy summer day.
Besides, don’t you think your breakfast could use an upgrade?! I know I like a little variety (here’s my overnight oats recipe…it’s similar and perfectly adaptable).
Protein Powered Mason Jar Muesli
1 serving (double or triple if you’re meal prepping)
Total time: 5-10 minutes (not including if you do this as overnight oats)
What You Need:
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2-4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2-4 dried apricots/mango (your favorite dried fruit), roughly chopped
- 1/2 scoop Bob’s Red Mill nutritional booster (I love the chai or vanilla flavor here) or your favorite plant based protein
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk/coconut milk (or 1 cup unflavored plain full fat yogurt/coconut yogurt)- this is for serving
- Optional: 1 tablespoon raw honey, a few berries for topping
How You Make It:
- Combine oats, nuts, chia, hemp, dried fruit and nutritional booster (aka protein) in your mason jar.
- Add 1 cup of almond milk (or yogurt) to mixture and stir.
- Place in fridge overnight and wait for the magic to happen.
- In the morning, adjust the thickness with more yogurt or non-dairy milk. Sweeten accordingly and enjoy your portable sexy breakfast 🙂
HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?!!!
If you are diggin’ my protein posts, maybe you’ll dig this awesome GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!
I’m so excitedddddd!!
STARTING TODAY, I’M HOSTING AN AMAZING GIVEAWAY IN PARTNERSHIP WITH BOB’S RED MILL AND FIT APPROACH.
YOU CAN WIN ONE PACKAGE OF THESE SEXY NUTRITIONAL BOOSTERS FOR YOUR SUMMER AWESOMENESS IN THE FLAVOR OF YOUR CHOICE.
SAY WHAT?!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS: SHARE THIS GRAPHIC (below) ON YOUR IG (that’s Instagram yo), TAG 1 FRIEND WHO WOULD LOVE THIS GIVEAWAY, LIKE MY IG PAGE AND BOB’S IG PAGE. COOL?!!! DON’T FORGET THE HASHTAG #summerstrong #fuelyourawesomeness
Peace, love and NO BEEF!