Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere! And I’m not just talking about the pumpkins all over my house. I kid you not there must be at least 20 (small and large) cleverly arranged for Halloween and fall spirit. Just two days ago Matt and I carved a Nightmare Before Christmas inspired pumpkin that twinkles with grin of Jack Skellington himself. And it’s so badass! Now that’s what I call Halloween spirit.
But aside from the decorating, there is an abundance of pumpkin flavored everything and to be honest, it can be quite sickening. Fall doesn’t have to be all about the fake pumpkin flavored treats and you know it! So I decided it would be fun to turn this pumpkin madness into a spooktacular green smoothie. This baby has all you can want in a fall beverage with some extra protein and is reminiscent of a punkin’ (yes, punkin’) pie. You won’t even realize you’re having something healthy. It will be gone in about three slurps. No joke 😉
Keep reading for the recipe (YOU WILL WANNA MAKE IT RIGHT NOW!)
Spooktacular Green Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Total time: 5 minutes
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (homemade is always best but if you can get organic canned, you’re good to go)
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any other unsweetened non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or 1 scoop vanilla whey protein or pea protein)
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon grade b maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
How You Make It:
- Combine ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until creamy.
- Serve with a straw and sip slowly. It will go fast!
Peace, love and no beef!
PS Love my smoothies and how I roll? And do you live in NYC?! I’m hosting 2 cooking workshops from the comfort and coziness of my apartment in the Bronx. If you’re a parent the one on Nov. 14 is for you and if you want to come solo? Check out the one on Dec. 5! See ya’ll there.