So, the big game is upon us. And for many of us it’s not really about the football (raises hand) it’s about the food. I’m all about Super Bowl Sunday’s night of delights and yummy drinks. One of the things I enjoyed in my junk food fest days was spinach artichoke dip.
Randomly a few months ago I thought, I should really make that and make it my own. And I did. I cut back on the cheese, up the ante on the spinach and the artichokes (which are a great prebiotic btw- this means it helps promote healthy gut bacteria- yay) and swapped out sour cream with greek yogurt. I absolutely LOVE this dip with raw veggies. Now are you convinced that this indulgence is actually a bit healthy?
But for real though…don’t over do it this Sunday. Treat it like the holiday’s, take small portions and enjoy an array of yummy treats without harming your sexy temple. And this recipe is meant to be shared…indulge but share please. 😉
What You Need:
- 1 8-oz package of organic full fat cultured cream cheese (try Organic Valley), softened
- 2 cups full fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 14-oz can of organic artichokes (in water), rinse and roughly chop these babies
- 1 10-oz package of organic frozen spinach, thawed and rinsed with as much liquid removed as possible
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1/2 cup organic mozzarella
- 1/4 cup organic parmesan cheese
- Sea salt, black pepper to taste
- Raw veggies for serving
How You Make It:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium sized oven safe dish combine all ingredients except parmesan. Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Top with parmesan and bake for 30 minutes or until dip is bubbly and golden.
- Enjoy with your favorite raw veggies or chips if that’s your thing 😉
How do you stay on track during the Super Bowl?
Peace, love and more spinach 😉