I’m in denial that summer is coming to a close. Seriously? Who decided it could end? Nooooo I’m not ready (yes, read that in a Kevin Hart voice, laugh, then keep reading).
Just because the seasons are changing doesn’t mean I have to let go of the awesomeness that the summer brings in terms of food. So I decided to come up with a simple, delicious and amazingly sexy farro dish to soothe my dissatisfaction. The best part about this dish is you can eat it ALL the time, regardless of the season. But I’m pretty sure you want to make the most out of your bounty of heirloom tomatoes right about now. So, let’s get cracking!
What You Need:
- 1 cup cooked farro (follow the package instructions, rinse and set aside)
- 2 persian cucumbers, cubed
- 1 cup of tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup of radishes, diced
- 1 can of organic garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: Sheep’s Milk Feta Cheese, crumbled
How You Make It:
- Combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl. Season as needed.
Yes, it really is all that simple.
Do you have any recipe ideas that use farro? I would love to know!
Peace, love, no beef!