Okay ladies and gents, there is no excuse to go out and buy granola any more. You can make this simple, nutritious, delicious AND sugar free version at home in less than 30 minutes. Yup, I’m so serious. You are not dreaming. This is real and it is good. Trust me, I get sad once it’s all gone. I was inspired by the fabulous Sarah Wilson, author of I Quit Sugar, when I embarked on my amazing 80 day journey sans the white stuff (more on that later). Her recipe is quite similar but it wouldn’t be my recipe without a little Guramrit flair.
What You Need:
3 tbs of raw coconut oil (melted, you can also use butter, grass fed and organic only!)
3 cups of toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup of chopped raw almonds
1 cup of chopped raw cashews
1 cup of chopped walnuts/hazelnuts
1 cup of Irish oats (uncooked)
1/2 cup raw cacao (if you’re not a chocolate fan you can omit)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs chia seeds
How You Make It:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper (or if you have a nonstick baking tray, you can ignore this step)
- Spread all ingredients evenly on the tray. Bake at 250 for 25 minutes, turning half way through to ensure an even cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Store in an airtight container!
Options for Serving:
You can serve this with: fresh mixed berries, eaten alone for a snack, with greek yogurt or cultured coconut yogurt. Serve on top of coconut ice cream as a yummy dessert.
Optional Mix-ins after cooking:
- Unsweetened carob chips
- Dark chocolate chips
- Raisins, dried cranberries
The options are endless and delicious.
I actually nibbled on this for breakfast this morning after my green smoothie. YUM!
Peace, love and no beef!