That bitter chill of winter is creeping its way into our lives, our homes and resting in our bones. And I am nowhere near ready for the winter. We have barely had the fall. How about taking a chill pill winter?!
The weather is at that in-between point where the building we are living in has not gotten the memo that it is cold af outside, so there’s no heat yet (we got heat on a 55 degree day, which makes no sense). So what do we do to keep it warm up in here?! ROAST EVERYTHING.
And I mean EVERYTHING.
Things just seem to taste better once basking in the glory that is the oven, including desserts, macaroni smothered in cheese, sweet potatoes, stuffed peppers (you know you love ma recipe, go here). I can go on and on.
But nothing compares to the food orgasm that follows roasting some seasonal veggies.
I’m here to tell you, show you, teach you that this is SUCH A SIMPLE PROCESS and all it truly needs is your time and your love. And a delicious sauce to pour over it (I’m loving tahini, don’t worry the recipe will be yours).
These suckers are so lip smacking good, you will be licking your fingers (I use my hands to eat these, I mean, come on, why wouldn’t you?!). You can easily roast all your veggies and turn this into a meal in itself (not need to be extra if you’re tired, we’re not judging you).
Beautiful Oven Roasted Veggies
Total time: 30-40 minutes
What You Need:
For the veggies
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets (or whatever you wanna chop them into)
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, cubed or sliced into fry shape
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 4-10 rainbow carrots (medium/small), sliced in half lengthwise
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
For the tahini sauce
- 4 tablespoons tahini (aka sesame paste, check the nut butter section of your grocery store)
- 1-2 tablespoons hot water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt, pepper to taste
How You Make It:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. This seems hot, but trust me, these veggies will be sexy.
- Prepare your sheet pan. Cover with foil to avoid sticking to the pan and make clean up a cinch.
- Spread veggies out evenly. Drizzle oil of choice over the top. Rub into the veggies and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Peek at the half way mark and stir around to ensure even cooking.
- While your sexy veggies are roasting, prepare your tahini sauce. Adjust the amount of hot water you add to your sauce to your desired thickness.
- Remove veggies from oven, place in your favorite bowl and drizzle your tahini all up on it.
In case you have any leftovers, you can totally put these in a sprouted corn tortilla, add some avocado, tomatoes, radish and lettuce. Boom. Tacos.
Peace, love and no beef!