NYC got SLAMMED with snow. Winter was tired of our trash talk and decided to show up, give us some snow (okay, lots of snow about 25 plus inches) then bounce, leaving the city in disarray.
So what do you do with a snow day or two (after you play outside because the roads are closed of course)?
And binge watch Avatar the Last Airbender. Yea, super cheesy but Matt and I love this show. It’s perfect and really helps you tune into that inner child 😉 Oh yes.
Beware of the power of these cookies. You will not be able to slow down because they are just so so so delicious. So be sure to hide them in the kitchen, out of reach just so you can savor them a little longer.
Crunchy, Chewy Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Chip Snow Day Cookies
Makes 10-12 cookies
Total time: less than 30 minutes
What you need:
- 2 cups spelt or all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted butter/ghee/coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar OR 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- Splash of almond milk
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Flakey sea salt for garnish
How you make it:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Whip butter or coconut oil with sugar until luscious.
4. Add wet to dry ingredients. The batter will be crumbly and this is ok!
5. Roll about 1 1/2 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls and place on prepared baking sheet (used parchment for easy peasy cleanup).
6. Press down on dough balls gently.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt.
9. Cool completely!
10. Enjoy with almond milk
How did you keep from losing your mind during the blizzard of 2016?
Peace, love and No Beef 😉