We are just two days away from a new year. 2012 has really been a year of challenges and learning experiences. Each experience has helped me look at my life through a different lens. The overall theme and lesson of 2012: Let GO and Let God. Oh and PATIENCE! Patience is a pain in my tush. I kid you know patience is such a hard thing and letting go is just as difficult. But I am slowly learning that being optimistic and positive about life really allows the good to flow right in.
I have high hopes for 2013. I am positive that this is MY year. Why? Because I am calling upon that amazing law of attraction and attracting nothing but good things into my life. I want to start the year with positive intentions and strong affirmations as well as goals that can really bring me closer to the person I envision myself growing into. Here is my list of goals. These are not in order of importance, rather the order in which they come to me at the moment.
1. Complete the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge. I just signed up for this challenge to encourage myself to start off on the right track. Though I eat clean, organic, healthy vegan food 99.9% of the time, I really think this will instill some sort of discipline and keep my energy and spirits lifted during the first month of the year. The challenge requires you replace one or two meals with a green smoothie. I will start off with one meal and see where that goes. My mom says I can’t lose anymore weight without the risk of looking too skinny. I’m doing this for cleansing and detoxification purposes. I will keep you updated on my progress and post recipes!
2. Maintain my physical body and continue to strengthen and tone. I have a pretty solid fitness routine but these last two weeks have made me feel like a blob. Me and cold weather are not friends but I am making it a goal to push myself to be as active as possible. I have my Zumba Exhilarate DVDs and I will be joining Planet Fitness for the sake of motivation (and to drag my brother with me to bond over weight lifting). Oh yes, I will be doing a plank a day challenge. I really need to step my game up.
3. Take time to really stop, breathe, think and then speak. I know it is good to speak your mind but how many times do you think back to what you said and thought: maybe that did not need to be said. I want to be more mindful of my thoughts, actions and the words coming out of my mouth. I want to exude positivity. Sri Sathya Sai Baba said, “Before you speak, think -Is it necessary? Is it true? Is it kind? Will it hurt anyone? Will it improve on the silence?”
4. Continue to find at LEAST one thing to be grateful for everyday.
5. Make more time for loved ones. I try my best but sometimes I get caught up in myself and forget I need them as much as they need me.
6. Cook one new dish a week. I don’t want to get rusty! I need to try new things and share these lovely concoctions with the world.
7. Get my Zumba certification
8. Find an apartment. I am PRAYING I find the right and perfect place to establish myself.
9. Meditate and do yoga more.
10. Find the light, the good and God in everyone and everything no matter how difficult.
11. Dedicate more time and energy to my nutrition education and hopefully let go of my anxiety regarding coaching my clients. I can do this!
These things may change and I will be adding more (def happens along the way) but I hope that I can stick to these goals for 2013.
Peace, love, no beef and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
P.S. What are your goals and intentions for the new year?