Okay ya’ll this sweet potato obsession is REAL! I cannot get enough of these bits of heaven.
I find myself appreciating this starchy sexy veg more after my 21-day sugar detox. I’ve actually continued to find ways to enjoy some sweet potato in my life. And sometimes (well, most of the time) if it looks pretty to eat, it’s more fun to eat.
This particular recipe just came out of no where. I kid you not. I had just gotten home from the farmer’s market and was STARVING. I took a peek at what I had (aside from what I brought home- which happened to be a ton of greens on greens on greens). My fridge was practically empty. My pantry was decent. But I, of course, had a bazillion sweet potatoes, left over citrus cilantro dipping sauce and a ton of kale on deck. So what’s a girl to do? Put that ish together in a sexy roasted sweet potato boat.
Okay, I know you’re salivating.
You want this, right now. In your belly.
Sweet sweet stuffed sweet potato boats
Total time: 60-90 minutes
What You Need:
- 4 sweet potatoes, sliced in half (lengthwise)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup kale, roughly chopped
- Cilantro citrus sauce (recipe here)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (pepperjack is my homie)
- Salt and pepper
How You Make It:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast your sweet potato halves in foil for 45- 60 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and once cooled, scoop out most of the sweet potato leaving the skin in tact (so be gentle).
- Mix your sweet potato with chickpeas, your cilantro citrus sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Add mixture to your sweet potato skin/boat.
- Add your kale and top with cheese.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with hot sauce. 😉
Now how easy and friggin delish does this sound?
Peace, love and NO Beef 😉