Happy New Year everyone! I love the concept that new years are an opportunity to start the first page of a new diary. It’s a blank canvas waiting to be painted with your unique masterpiece. It belongs to you. You are in control and that is absolutely fantastic.
So, a few weeks ago I had a very intimate but incredible gathering in my home and was in complete awe of the beautiful energies exchanged in my own home. I just get really giddy and excited to have people over so I can cook for them. How cheesy am I? I mean, after all food and laughter are the ways to my heart so I love to share this with the people I love. The menu that night was really all about comforting yet sexy foods. For my meat eaters I made a delightful boeuf bourguignon a la Julia Childs with creamy herbed mashed potatoes. For my veggies I made a hearty pot pie. But really the piece de la resistance was the dessert. Sultry, sensual, decadent, melt in your mouth chocolate mousse. The best part? No one realized it was vegan. WINNING!
Make this fluffy mousse for your next dinner party and have people guess what you’ve whipped up and the secret ingredient. I promise you they will be surprised at how amazing this dish is.
What You Need:
- 3 ripe hass avocados, pit and skin removed
- 1 ¼ cup coconut creme
- 4 tbs organic cocoa powder (or raw cacao)
- 1 ¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 5 tbs Grade B maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
How You Make It:
- Place chopped dark chocolate in a large heatproof glass bowl. Set over a pot of simmering water, stirring constantly until completely melted. This will take up to 5 minutes.
- Set aside melted chocolate until cooled.
- In a blender or food processor, add remaining ingredients. Pulse until creamy and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Scrape down the edges of the blender or food processor with a rubber spatula to ensure a fluffy consistency.
- Slowly add cooled melted chocolate to the mixture. Pulse gently until combined.
- Pour into individual ramekins or a large glass serving bowl. Refrigerate covered for at least 30 minutes. Serve with raspberries or chocolate shavings.