Working, running errands and actually having a life is really a lot of work and boy is it exhausting. Who in the world has time to whip up a full blown meal at the end of one of those “is this day ever going to end” days? Not I! This soup is probably the EASIEST and most nourishing soup you can possibly make (thank you mom). It takes no more than 10 minutes to prepare including blending time. Without further ado, here is the recipe!
What You Need:
- 2 zucchini, quartered
- 1 cup of parsley
- 5 stalks of celery (or more depending on your like/dislike of celery), chopped
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
How You Make It:
- In a deep pan bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Toss in veggies and cook until celery and zucchini are tender.
- Remove most of the water, still reserving at least 1/4 cup. Let veggies cool for about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss into a blender (please be careful, this will be hot). Blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- Mix in garlic powder and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (soy sauce or tamari works wonders as well). Serve immediately.
- Zucchini is loaded with Vitamin C- say hello to sexy skin, healthy immune system, overall wellbeing and farewell to free radicals ; it keeps your eyes healthy and strong (thanks to its phytonutrients); great source of Manganese, which is a great source of collagen, keeping your skin nice and supple, giving it that much needed bounce.
- Parsley helps detoxify our livers, helps cut down on the development of bad bacteria (the kind that makes your breath stink), protects your blood vessels, helps fight illness and more. Bring on the parsley! We love you!
- Celery is a great friend to those detoxing and for fans of Ants on a Log (think nut butter and raisins on top of a celery stick, yum). Celery reduces inflammation, keeps you calm, your body alkaline (too much acid = sickness), aids digestion and is said to give your sex life a boost.
Your mind, body and soul will appreciate this simple (and super healthy) soup. Cozy on up on the couch and slurp up this green goodness. Who knew the simplest meal could taste so good?
Peace, love and NO beef.