It’s summer so BBQ’ing is something common. I am not one to BBQ and I lack the proper equipment but given the opportunity yesterday I was able to create some delicious tofu vegetable kabobs.
Yesterday I ate a great amount of veggies, more than I ever had. I had a veggie burger, vegetable rice, grilled corn, veggie pasta salad but for me these veggie kabobs were the cream of the crop.
1 Package Extra Firm Tofu
Assorted Vegetables (Bell Peppers/Sweet Peppers, Onions, Zucchini, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Mushrooms or even Pineapple if you like)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Chopped Garlic
Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper (all to taste)
How to do it:
1. Remove the liquid from the tofu package. Remove the brick of tofu, place on a plate. Top with paper towels and add a cutting board on top of the paper towel covered tofu. Let the towels absorb the extra liquid. This should take about 15 minutes.
2. In a separate cup/bowl create a marinade with extra virgin olive oil, chopped garlic and the seasonings. Once all the liquid has been drained from the tofu, rub the tofu with the marinade and let sit covered loosely for 20 minutes.
3. Chop vegetables into bite sized pieces, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes. Take wooden skewers and add vegetables and tofu in alternating fashion.
5. Add skewers to a hot grill and allow to cook. Turn kabobs every 4 to 5 minutes to make sure all sides are fully cooked. Feel free to add more marinade and salt and pepper to ensure full flavor.
6. Once the tofu is crispy, remove from grill and enjoy.
Peace, love & no beef!