Hello world! My apologies for being MIA. School has gotten the best of me but of course I refuse to forget my passion, this blog.
For those of you who enjoy mexican food but are looking for a vegetarian alternative, here is something you should try. I make homemade guacamole, buy salsa, taco shells, canned beans and pre shredded cheese and dinner/lunch is ready within a matter of moments. I hope you’ll give my recipe a try next time for dinner.
Here it goes:
Guacamole Gigi’s Way (Serves 4)
1 medium/large avocado, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 large shalot, diced
1 vine ripe tomato, cubed
1 clove of garlic, diced finely
1 jalapeno, chopped (keep seeds if you prefer it spicy)
Salt & Pepper to taste
How you do it:
1. Take the avocado and slice around the peel and twist to open revealing the pit. Remove the pit and discard. You will now have two halves of avocado. While still in the peel, cut into little cubes with your knife (gently) then scoop out into a bowl. Mash slightly leaving the avocado a little chunky.
2. Add the diced tomato, garlic, shalot and jalapeno. Stir until mixed.
3. Add the juice of one lime. Stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. For better flavor let the ingredients absorb all the flavors in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Then enjoy with some chips or tacos!
Taco’s Gigi’s Way
1 box of hard/soft tacos
1 can of refried organic vegetarian black/pinto beans
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 bag of pre shredded cheese
1 or 2 vine ripe tomatoes, diced
1 or 2 cups of shredded lettuce
1 jar of your favorite salsa
How you do it:
1. In an oven heated to 350 degrees, place the tacos on a cookie sheet and let them warm up for at least 10 minutes.
2. In a saucepan, add the canned beans. On medium-low heat, stir until the beans soften a little. Slowly add the taco seasoning (add as much as you like but be warned it can be a little salty). Stir until fully incorporated. Turn the heat off and let the beans sit.
3. Remove tacos from oven. Place tomatoes, cheese and lettuce in little bowls, making it easy for people to grab and add their own ingredients.
4. Voila! Create your own taco with an assortment of ingredients.
5. Top tacos with salsa and homemade guac! Enjoy!
Unfortunately I do not have any pictures for you but the next time I feel inclined to create some delicious guac I will enlighten you all with pictures.
Peace, love & No BEEF