Can you tell I’m just a wee bit obsessed with sweet potato?
Last week I was such a grump. Aside from the unfortunate combination of PMS and detoxing, I was freakin’ hangry as f*ck. I LOVE food so if I have to overly think and overly strategize my food it takes away from my fun and leads to an unhappy G.
So far I’m on day 11 of my sugar detox with just 10 days to go. And I’m feeling good today but last week I was not nice. And the only thing that really saved me besides an entire avocado every single day: sweet potato.
Sweet potato and I are boos. We go way back. I didn’t like them much as a child but now that I know how to roast them and even make a hash out of them, there is no going back.
Now this recipe came out of nowhere.
I had just gotten back from a few meetings and only had a banana that morning. I don’t get super hungry first thing in the morning but once it’s after 11 am my body says, “HEY G FEED MEEEEE!” Somehow this recipe just purged itself from my finger tips and became an easy morning, noon or night type of meal. But for steady energy throughout the day, this makes quite the breakfast.
Sweet Potato Brekkie Bowl with Tahini Dressing
Total time: 20 minutes
What You Need:
- 1/2 sweet potato, sliced into 1-2″ thick discs
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 package tempeh, cubed
- Marinate in: 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos, 1 tablespoon hot sauce, 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar and 1 teaspoon toasted seame oil. Add garlic powder if desired.
- 1/2 or whole avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tahini mixed with juice from 1 lemon (season with salt and pepper)
- Pepitas for garnish.
How You Make It:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- While oven is preheating, prepare your tempeh over the stove top. Sautee in some of the marinade until golden.
- Pop sweet potato discs onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes (feel free to add some coconut oil to help the flavor along and get golden).
- Combine and toss ingredients in a bowl.
- Garnish with pepitas.
- Eat all the sweet potatoes!
Alrighty ya’ll, I’ll try not to post another sweet potato recipe this week but no promises.
I can’t help myself!
Peace, love and no BEEF (or sugar or bread or pasta or pasta…I miss pasta),