It amazes me how fall has become a pumpkin crazed season. I mean I’ve seen pumpkin flavored everything…butter, biscuits, bread, cookies. You name it, it probably exists and it’s probably some fake crap that is loaded with additives and chemicals. My favorite pumpkin flavored goodie (aside from my granola) has to be the pumpkin spice latte. But of course, these big coffee peeps have taken it upon themselves to create fake pumpkin lattes with a ton of sugar that keep us addicted and going back for more.
Save your pennies friends and make this delicious concoction with ease knowing you are actually having a real pumpkin spice latte that’s almost too good to be good for you. But trust me, it is.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
Serves 1 PSL Loving Human
Total Time: 5 minutes-or less (just make sure the coffee is ready though…)
What You Need:
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee (hot, good organic coffee. Try Irving Farm.)
- 1/4 cup organic pure pumpkin puree (unsweetened, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat please)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: 1 teaspoon grade b maple syrup
How You Make It:
- Combine ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 30-40 seconds. The concoction will be frothy.
- Pour into a pot and warm until desired temperature is achieved. Top with a little more pumpkin pie spice and slurp away.
Now this can save you a ton of money, sorry Starbucks. 😉
I need to go pick up some new coffee beans…like right now.
What’s your favorite fall beverage?
Peace, love and more pumpkin spice 😉