In case you are not already aware, I am on a cooking rampage. Legit, I have never been so inspired in my entire life. I’m hungry to try new recipes almost every single day and I am just thrilled to share so many recipes with all of you amazing people!
Early last week I made strawberry jam (with a hint of lemon, don’t knock it ’till you try it) and I have pretty much put it on everything from muffins to oatmeal to toast to just plain ‘ol licking it off the spoon. Yup, it is that good. You can actually get the recipe here.
So aside from devouring an entire jar of this yummy jam on its own, I decided to concoct an awesome cookie that you can eat as a snack, breakfast (my awesome friend Katie enjoyed it with an almond latte), or even a treat without the guilt. Besides, why would you feel guilty eating this 5 ingredient sexy soulful yogi cookie?!
What You Need:
- 2 cups of corse ground raw almonds or walnuts (you want some chunks- you can even whack them with a rolling pin- be sure to put in a ziplock first)
- 4 cups of old fashioned organic oats (look for gluten free, if you are sensitive)
- 1 1/4 cup organic all purpose flour (you can swap with sprouted spelt for a gluten free alternative)
- 1 cup of grade B maple syrup or (1/2 cup melted raw honey)
- 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Homemade jam (reserved for topping)
How You Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line one to two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (Note: I used just one baking sheet and used the rest of the cookie dough in a small 9×9 baking pan and coated with the jam for a play on oatmeal squares)
- In the meantime combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add wet ingredients and combine. The mixture will be sticky but do not be afraid to use your hands to mix.
- Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and place gently on the cookie sheet. Gently make an indentation with a 1/4 teaspoon spoon or your thumb and spoon enough jam to fill the hole.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown. Cool for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling wrack.
- Avoid touching these sexy morsels until completely cooled (which can take about 30 minutes- this allows them to set and not fall apart).
- Enjoy guiltlessly (yes that is a word) with a mug of chai or a sexy cup of joe (and I mean coffee).
Peace, love and no beef!